Sunday, June 13, 2010

Apple, Peach and Raspberry Crumble

I remember having Apple and Rhubarb Crumble a lot when I was growing up, and I loved it.  We didn't have any Rhubarb, but I did have some Apples, Peaches and some frozen Raspberries on hand.  This is a fairly simple recipe, and the crumble is fairly close to how I remember it.

Apple, Peach and Raspberry Crumble
Ingredients
2 Apples, peeled and sliced
2 Peaches, peeled and sliced or 1 tin of sliced peaches
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbspn butter


Preheat oven to 180°C.  Place the apples and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil.  Reduce heat, add peaches and raspberries, simmer for about 2 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Mix flour, coconut and brown sugar in a bowl.  Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingertips.  Place the fruit into an oven proof dish, cover with flour mix.  Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until the top is a lovely golden brown.

It tastes great straight out of the oven, and you can have it cold the next day with some ice cream.  The bowl I used was a bit too big so when I make it next time, I will use a smaller bowl so there is more fruit and less crumble in each slice.  Also the quantities for the crumble above are half what I used as I found it made far too much.  It should really be just a thin layer of crumble sitting on a good layer of fruit.

3 comments:

  1. I remember having something similar to this too, though I've never made it. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice crumble but I agree about the ratio, I'd prefer more fruit than crumble. Generally speaking I'm not a big fan of crumble, especially the kinds with a heap of dried muesli stuff on top. This recipe is a much nicer version of crumble, and more than edible, especially with a dollop of cream or a scoop or two of ice-cream! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are providing really excellent facility for cooking lover; I have learned lots of dishes by your site.

    apple and raspberry crumble recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...