Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Two Pizzas

Home made pizza is just so much better then the stuff the big pizza places churn out.  We don't buy pizza from them anymore, if we ever feel like pizza we just make them ourselves.  No more bases soaked in oil or pizzas with next to no toppings on them.

I use our bread machine to make the dough, it takes most of the hard work out of making pizzas or anything that requires dough really.


Ingredients
180 ml water
1 tbspn oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
300g plain flour

You just pop all the ingredients into the machine and press start.  An hour or so later you have your dough ready to be kneaded lightly and rolled out.

Sprinkle some flour on your working area, give yourself plenty of room.  Knead the dough lightly, it doesn't need much though as the bread machine should have done some already. 
Divide the dough in half, there's enough to make two pizzas.  If you like thick bases you could probably use it all to make one pizza.
I made two pizzas.  The first one I rolled out to be slightly larger then my pizza tray, then folded the sides in to make a thick crust.
The second one i left a bit thicker and put onto my pizza stone.
 I'd already prepared all my toppings earlier, ready to assemble.  I'm not going to list them all as you can use whatever toppings you like or whatever you can find in your kitchen. I also lightly brushed both bases with some olive oil.
 I decided to make the first one with chicken and mushrooms, with a barbecue sauce for the base.
The second one I made with a tomato base.  Half was sausage and mushroom, the other half was Feta and Olive.  Teena likes olives, I'm not a big fan of them.

So now you have two pizzas ready to be cooked.  Preheat oven to about 180°C.  I only have one pizza stone so the second pizza is just on a pizza tray.  Both work fine, though the stone tends to give a crispier base.

 And here they are fresh from the oven.
The Chicken and Mushroom Pizza.  The rolled up sides puffed out to make a nice big crust.  You can easily fill the crust with cheese before you roll them up if you like a cheesy crust.
The Feta and Olive Pizza half on the left and the Sausage and Mushroom Pizza half on the right.  I'd never used Feta on a pizza before so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I thought the Feta would melt a little though.  Teena said she would have liked some grated cheese as well as the Feta on the Feta and Olive half.  I'll have to remember that for next time.  They were both delicious and we'll be having left overs for lunch or dinner today.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! The thicker base on the pizza stone turned out great! And the feta and olive pizza was terrific!!! I'll never eat cheap bought pizza again now I have tasted your home-made pizza! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...