Sunday, June 20, 2010

Eggs Benedict


Whenever we go out for breakfast to our favourite Coffee Club, Teena usually gets the Eggs Benedict.  She absolutely loves it!  So yesterday morning, I decide to make her some as a special treat.


To make the Hollandaise Sauce, I use a recipe from www.Taste.com.au.  I follow the recipe exactly and the sauce always seems to work perfectly.  I've had it go bad once when I was busy trying to cook other things at the same time.  It was easy to fix though with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the bad mix in a different bowl, then adding the bad mix back gradually.


I made some Turkish Bread to go with the breakfast as that's how it's served at the Coffee Club.  They usually have ham or salmon as well but we didn't have any.  It still tastes great with just eggs and Turkish Bread anyway.


It's a little bit time consuming to make Eggs Benedict, especially when you're hungry.  I think it's worth the effort though!  Here you can see Teena couldn't wait for me to finish taking pictures and had to taste it straight away.


Nothing goes to waste either as Teena scrapes every last drop into a jar to store in the fridge.  It makes a really tasty spread on bread or toast later on.

2 comments:

  1. I do love hollandaise sauce, with eggs benedict or even cold on a slice of bread the next day. I reckon it tastes a bit like Kraft cream cheese only better! So no need to heat it up. Now, I don't know if it was psychological or not, but the runny egg, although I normally prefer my eggs that way, made me a bit queasy in my present condition, eggs will need to be hard boiled for the next few months :D <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are wonderful. I also love eggs benedict and have them whenever they are available. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...