Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baked Custard

I'm not a big fan of custard, in any form.  Teena on the other hand really loves it!  This is her favourite recipe for Baked Custard.  I've seen a few other recipes that don't bother heating the milk and sugar first.  I may try that next time as it's a bit of a bother waiting for milk to cool down a little before you can continue cooking.

Baked Custard
Ingredients
4 Eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tspn Vanilla Essence
Pinch of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 180°C.  Heat milk and sugar in a saucepan.  Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.  Beat eggs in a separate oven proof bowl.  Add vanilla and then slowly whisk in cooled milk.  Sprinkle some nutmeg on top and bake for 40 minutes.


Delicious!  Well it would be if you like custard anyway.  Personally, I prefer baked fruit.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 <3 <3 this baked custard recipe! I usually make it, but because I wasn't feeling well last night David made it for me as a treat! Isn't he a darling? <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...