- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons hot chilli sauce
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbspn sweet chilli sauce
- cooked pasta and extra basil, to serve
Combine beef mince, onion, chilli sauce, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, basil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Roll small handfuls of mince mixture into balls. Place meatballs on a tray lined with baking paper. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
Combine tomatoes, sweet chilli sauce and stock in a deep frying pan. Try to use something that will fit all meatballs in a single layer and allow the sauce to cover them easily. Bring slowly to the boil over medium heat. Drop meatballs into tomato mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Serve meatballs on top of freshly cooked spaghetti. Enjoy!